→ If you are someone who shares a love for both vegetables and pasta – this classic dish (with a twist) will satisfy all your veggie and pasta dreams
1. Start by slicing the vegetables into thin slices, sprinkle them with salt and pepper and cook in the oven at 220° for around 20 minutes, make sure to turn them over after half way.
2. If you are using cauliflower rice, make sure to cook it for a few minutes in a saucepan until most of the water is absorbed and it has a rice texture, if you are using cauliflower head, pulse it in a food processor (after cooking) for a few minutes until finely chopped.
3. Add the cauliflower to a bowl together with all the ingredients excluding the tomato sauce and obviously the pasta sheets ?
4. Spread some tomato sauce at the bottom of a baking dish and add a layer of sheets onto of it.
5. Add another layer of tomato sauce and start adding the veggie mixture.
6. Do this another 2 times
7. Finish the dish with a layer of lasagne sheets and tomato sauce
8. Cook in the oven at 180° for around 40 – 50 minutes, then let it cool down for at least 10 minutes before serving.
9. Drizzle with olive oil and add some nutritional yeast flakes on top..
1 small head of cauliflower or 300 grams of cauliflower rice
1 marrow / zucchini
1 large aubergine
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
14 sheets of lasagna
1 can of cannelloni beans
675 g jared or homemade tomato sauce
Half cup plant milk
30g nutritional yeast
1 tsp lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 a tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
Support our Sponsors
Support Malta Meat Free Week by sending us a donation and help us cover the costs of this initiate. You can make a secure donation using our PayPal account.