Join the Challenge
join the challenge
Make a Donation
Attend an Event
Join the Challenge today!
Join hundreds of People Making a Difference
Take the leap and quit meat for one week! You can do it and we are here to help.
4 reasons why to do the Challenge
Malta Meat Free Week & VeggyMalta Co-ordinator Darryl Grima explains why you should take the challenge in this short video whether for animal cruelty, to combat climate change and biodiversity loss, for your health or to create more food equity in this world.
How to support
make a real difference!
In the virtual world
Use your social media media profiles to support the challenge. Malta Meat Free Week is on all the main social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. It is important that the message is positive and encourages others to follow.
#maltameatfreemalta your photos on Instagram. @MaltaMeatFreeWeek us on Twitter and Facebook.
Make sure you Like our facebook pages (inducing VeggyMalta) and share our photos, messages and videos.
You should share and tag us when:
Doing your meat-free shopping | Preparing meat-free meals | Eating meat-free meals | At a restaurant eating a meat-free meal | Found some interesting meat-free offers | Share your own meat-free recipes | Celebrating with friends a meat-free outing |Make a week-long meat-free diary of your meals, snacks and drinks | Share the fun!
In the real world
You can help us gather more people doing the challenge. The bigger the crowd the bigger the impact.
If you want to try to get more people doing the challenge here are some ideas:
Organise a work challenge: ask you co-workers to join you in the challenge. You can also help each other out in food.
Get all the family to participate: ask the rest of the family to try it out. It will make cooking easier as well.
Make a friends challenge: ask your friends to try it out with you and make some friendly competitions between you.
Respect towards all beings
We want to emphasise that we will not associate ourselves with any hate speech or actions. Whilst we encourage others to try our meat-free lifestyle and better understand the benefits of a meat-free lifestyle, we respect others who do not share our respect for life.
Support our Sponsors
We kindly ask all to support our sponsors as they have made this possible. Without their financial help all of this would never have happened.
Buy their products as it is only thanks to their financial help that we can cover the costs for this initiative.
Events by supporting organisations
A number of organisations are organising awareness events and activities leading to Malta Meat Free Week. You can attend these events by contacting the organisers or even visit them to understand more about the message being forwarded by these groups.
The Fine Print
- The promoter is VeggyMalta.com which is the organiser of Malta Meat Free Week.
- The competition is open to residents of the Republic of Malta aged 16 years or over except employees of any of the sponsors and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are on https://maltameatfreeweek.com/join-the-challenge/
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be the 7th of October 2019. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows: Join the challenge via the subscribe/join button and share your experience via social media. Sharing on a daily basis and linking to MaltaMeatFreeWeek social media will prove that you have taken part in the challenge. The winner needs to have completed the challenge by doing and proving that they did one week zero meat between the 7th and 13th October 2019. The winner also needs to be following either our Instagram account or our Facebook account.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows: A weekend break at The Radisson Blu resort St Julian’s. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is not transferable. The prize may be time limited. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen by random by software, from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Maltese law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malta.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current EU data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- VeggyMalta shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
- VeggyMalta also reserves the right to cancel the rules and/or the challenge if circumstances arise outside of its control.
A big thanks to these organisations for supporting us!
Without the financial support of our sponsors this challenge would not be possible as the costs to do this nationwide campaign are substantial. It is because of this that we strongly encourage you to also support the Malta Meat Free Week campaign by buying their products and supporting our sponsors.
These organisations including NGOs and blogs have chosen to support Malta Meat Free Week with their members and followers. We thank them for the support and for helping us spread the message to a wider audience. Together we can make a real difference!
Support the Challenge!
You can support Malta Meat Free Week by sending us a donation and help us cover the costs of this initiative. You can make a secure donation using our PayPal account.