Asian-Style Tofu & Vegetables Kebabs
→ A vegan alternative ideal for BBQ lovers! –
- Prepare the marinade by whisking together all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Spread the tofu cubes on a roasting dish and pour over half of the marinade over the tofu and drizzle over the sunflower oil.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes until the marinade has thickened. Turn the tofu over half way through cooking.
- Meanwhile, prepare the skewers, vegetables and coating.
- Soak 4 bamboo skewers in water for 10 minutes. (This stops them burning on the barbecue.)
- For the vegetables, chop in cubes and divide the remaining marinade between the vegetables. Toss to coat.
- For the coating, mix together the cornflour, sesame and spices and place on a large plate or tray.
- Tofu can be stored in a marinade for up to a week in the fridge. Just take it out and use when you want – grill, shallow fry or roast. Use as needed for wraps, stir fries or curries. It can also be grilled on its own and served with rice / noodles or as a tofu slider inside a burger bun.
Firm tofu, cut into 2cm cubes, 250g
Sunflower oil, divided for roasting & cooking, 5 tbsp.
A variety of vegetables, e.g. cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers and onions, cut in chunks
For the marinade:
Lamb Brand Brown Sugar, 1 tsp.
Double Panda Soy sauce, 4 tbsp.
Sesame oil, 2 tbsp. Mirin / rice vinegar, 1 tbsp.
Garlic cloves, minced or grated, 1-2
Fresh ginger, minced or grated, 1 tbsp.
Chilli paste / cayenne / red chilli, halved, de-seeded & finely chopped, 1 tsp.
Kaffir lime leaves, chopped, 2
Fresh coriander, finely chopped, handful
Lamb Brand Corn Flour, 2 tbsp.
Lamb Brand Sesame Seeds, 2 tbsp.
Lamb Brand Salt and pepper, to taste
Chilli Flakes (optional), ½ tsp.
Support our Sponsors
Support Malta Meat Free Week by sending us a donation and help us cover the costs of this initiate. You can make a secure donation using our PayPal account.