→ The burger is a classic meal always loved. This meat free burger gives the feel of a fresh burger along with minerals, protein and fibre.
1. Chop the mushrooms and place them in a pan. Sprinkle with olive oil and garlic, thyme and bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 30 mins. Open the over every 3 minutes and stir the items well.
2. Boil the split peas until they are done and mash them in a blender.
3. mash half of the mushrooms in a blender. Put the ingredients in a large bowl and give everything a thorough mix.
4. Shape into burgers. Squash the burgers really flat before you fry them.
5. Cut buns and spread vegan mayonnaise on each side. Add lettuce and Greenvie vegan cheese.
1½ kg white mushrooms
200 g split peas
100 ml olive oil
3 garlic clove grated to a paste
100 g grated toast
8 g thyme
200 g Greenvie Parveggio grated
salt & pepper
Burger & buns
4 mushroom burgers
4 tomato slices
4 lettuce leaves
8 tspn vegan mayonnaise
4 burger buns
4 slices Greenvie Gouda flavour vegan cheese
Support our Sponsors
Support Malta Meat Free Week by sending us a donation and help us cover the costs of this initiate. You can make a secure donation using our PayPal account.